Creating the skills of tomorrow... today

Contact Us
  • For International Individual Learner Enquiries:


    Telephone Number: +44 (0) 1283 494400 or +44 (0) 1283 494451

  • Any other enquiries to:

    Rosy Banwait
    International Business Development and Relationships Manager


    Direct telephone numbers:

    +44 (0) 1283 494804

    Mobile number:

    + 44 (0) 7972217940

    Skype Address: rosybanwait.bsdc

  • Address:

    International Team
    Burton & South Derbyshire College
    Lichfield Street
    Burton on Trent
    DE14 3RL


Does the College provide accommodation or arrange a host family?

No, BSDC College has no student accommodation. We can assist you to find your own suitable accommodation and provide a list of suitable accommodation in Burton. You need to contact these accommodation providers yourself to reserve the accommodation. You may have to pay a deposit of £250-£300.

Can I pay my fees in instalments?

No, a deposit is required prior to a CAS Number being issued. The full balance of fees to be paid at enrolment

Do I get a discount if I pay the full fees in advance?

No, the fees remain the same.

Do my course fees include any accommodation cost?

No, the course fees do not include any cost for your accommodation.

Do I receive a bus pass from the College to help with travel costs?

No, but you can apply directly to local bus companies for a student bus pass.

Am I allowed to work while studying?

Yes, you can work 10 hours during term time if you are studying on any other level of the course or on Tier 4 Child Student visa and full time in holidays such as at Christmas, Easter and summer holidays.

If you are studying on a degree you are permitted to work 20 hours during term time and full time in the holidays such as at Christmas, Easter and summer holidays.

You cannot work at all if you are on student visitor visa.

Is there any financial help available to overseas learners?

No, the College does not have any funds available to help overseas learners in financial hardship.

Is my £1,500 deposit refundable?

Yes, we charge £260 for administration costs and refund the remainder if your Tier 4 student visa is refused. You have to provide the visa refusal letter issued by the Entry Clearance Officer. Under any other circumstances it is at the discretion of the Director of Finance to refund the money. The refund policy can be supplied on request.

Does the College help me to appeal if my visa is refused?

No, we advise you to contact the Immigration Expert to help you with this. We do not appeal on anyone’s behalf or advise further with the appeal process.

Can I cancel my admission at Burton and South Derbyshire College upon arrival in the UK?

No, because under the Points Based System your visa is attached to the institution. It means if you decide to study at other institution you will firstly have to gain permission from the UK Border Agency before commencing your study at another institution.

Schengen Visa

If you are planning to visit other EEA countries during your studies and are a national of a non-EEA country you need to apply for the Schengen Visa. Under this scheme you only need to apply to one consulate or embassy of member states, but would be able to visit other member countries.

The following EEA countries are taking part in this scheme:

Czech Republic

You should apply to the consulate/embassy of the country where you plan to spend most of your time or where you will go first. To find out more please visit the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website.

Return to International