What is IELTS?
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System and is the world’s leading English proficiency test. IELTS is used to assess your ability to communicate in English for education and professional purposes.
Helping you to prepare
Our range of IELTS preparation courses are a great way to brush up on your language skills and get the practice you need for success in the test.
A Guide to IELTS
pdf Click here to download our full guide to IELTS (1.46 MB) , including information about the different types of test, test day arrangements and results. Please read this pdf important security notice (200 KB) before booking your test.
Book your IELTS Test
Burton and South Derbyshire College IELTS test centre offers tests approximately twice a month. Complete the below steps to book your IELTS Test:
- Book online, visit www.ielts.britishcouncil.org.bsdc to reserve a place straight away (your place will be held for 5 days). Alternatively, paper application forms are available from the IELTS Administrator at the test centre.
- If you have a disability or other condition, and need us to make special arrangements for your test day, please inform us as soon as possible. If you book online, please make this clear in your application
- To complete your booking, please send the following documents direct to the test centre. Failure to send the documents within 5 working days of reserving your place will result in your place being cancelled.
- Passport or European National Identity Card – a clear copy of the personal details page(s). This must clearly show your photograph, full name, date of birth, ID number and expiry date. You must then bring the original document with you on the test date, copies will not be accepted, without the original you will not be allowed to sit the test.
- Payment – The test fee is £155. Please call 01283 494452 to pay by credit or debit card. Please note that we do not accept American Express. Cheques should be made payable to Burton and South Derbyshire College.
Postal Address: IELTS Administrator, Burton and South Derbyshire College, Lichfield Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3RL