An Apprenticeship is a fantastic way to start your career, and there couldn’t be a more supportive place than BSDC to get started.
Whether you’re a school leaver just starting out or an adult looking for new skills and a change of career, there’s an Apprenticeship for you.
Get job skills and qualifications
We work with hundreds of employers to provide Apprenticeship opportunities. It’s a great way to earn while you learn, both on the job and here at the College.
It usually takes 1-4 years, depending on the level, the industry and how fast you learn. They’re open to anyone over 16 and available in three different levels: intermediate (level 2), advanced (level 3) and higher levels (level 4, 5 & 6).
You’ll learn in the workplace and at College.
Apprenticeships incorporate formal qualifications as well as development of soft skills and behaviours needed by industry (like those in our Skills Promise) and practical application. You may also study Maths, English and sometimes ICT if you haven’t already achieved these qualifications at school.
What will an Apprenticeship give you?
- A firm commitment from an employer to employ and support you
- A nationally recognised qualification including an NVQ
- The knowledge and experience to take the first steps on the ladder to a successful career
- High-quality skills that are recognised across industry
- Enhanced technical skills through work-related training
- Improved business awareness