Beginners Fashion Construction | Recreational | R11503A
How to study
Part Time - Evening
Days & Times
Burton Town Centre Campus
This course is designed for beginners, teaching elements involved in making garments from patterns, blocks and developing your own patterns to customise your own designs. You will learn various techniques, using a range of industry machinery to construct, alter and sew garments. You can develop your work at your own pace and have bespoke outcomes to suit your needs.
Fees and Costs
Educational entitlements or fee concessions are solely based on the individual programme and nationally set eligibility criteria. To see if you qualify for fee concessions then please visit the 'what will I pay' section of our website. You may be surprised what you are entitled to!
- Course Fees Examination & Registrations
- 16-18 School Leaver info £160.00 Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- 19-23 Educational Entitlement info £160.00Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- 19+ Part Funded info £160.00 Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- 19+ Fully Funded info £160.00Course fee Included Exam & Registration fee
- 24+ Fully Funded info £160.00Course fee Included Exam & Registration fee
- Full Cost info £160.00Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- Payment in Full (Credit Card / Debit Cards / Cash) accepted
- Employer Sponsored accepted
- Direct Debit Instalments accepted
- Advanced Learning Loan accepted
- Student Finance English Loan (HE) not accepted
For International Learners
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 01283 494757 or 01283 494472
Visit us: Chat to the Financial Support Team in the Learner Hub
Just drop-in, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Further Education Programme Only: The College reserves the right to change or amend, at any time, any of the course details including but not limited to; content, dates, times, venues, tutor, fees payable, concessions available, terms or conditions.
No formal entry requirements
Days and times
How will I be assessed?
There is no official assessment on the course, however you will receive tutor feedback to inform your ideas and work every session.
What can I do next?
You could use your skills to work as a freelance garment maker or progress to qualifications such as Level 3 Creative Industries courses, or a Foundation Degree in Contemporary Creative Practice.
More information on Creative, Design & Digital Media
Explore Your Creativity! If you have a clear idea about your future career you can choose a specific pathway such as art and illustration, graphics, photography, games development, fashion and textiles or media. Alternatively, a more general art and design course might suit you if you’d like to gain exposure to a range of different creative works.Read More about 'Creative, Design & Digital Media'
Burton and South Derbyshire College
Tel: 01283 494400
Town Centre Campus
Burton Town Centre Campus, Lichfield Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3RL
Stephen Burke Construction Academy
Construction Academy, 21 Tetron Point, William Nadin Way, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE11 OBB