Understanding the Management and Care of Diabetes | Level 2 | P17000
How to study
Days & Times
Flexible on demand
This course is designed for those who wish to improve their knowledge and understanding around what is involved with caring for individuals with diabetes. This qualification is suitable for someone working in a health and social care setting, or someone with a close friend of relative with the condition who wishes to understand a little more about how to assist with their care.
How does online learning work?
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Whether you’re looking to boost your professional development and career prospects or simply want to learn a skill in your spare time, an online course is a great way to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Distance Learning courses give you the flexibility to study in a way that suits your personal and professional commitments. You can work at your own pace within the course timeframe and study in the comfort of your own home!
How it works:
You can sign up to our courses throughout the year.
Step 1: Register or login to fill out our online enrolment form by clicking the Apply Now button.
Step 2: You will receive email confirmation and asked to send a copy of your ID, where relevant, within 48 hours.
Step 3: You will be sent your login details to start your online learning.
Step 4: Depending on your course, you’ll either be automatically marked or have on-hand support and marking from a dedicated tutor.
Step 5: Depending on your course, you will either have access to a certificate download to print off, receive an e-certificate of achievement from the awarding body or receive a certificate through the post.
Limited FREE spaces!
There are limited free spaces available for this course subject to the following requirements:
• Aged 19 years or over
• Live in England
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the 3 years prior to starting the course
• If aged 19-24 - must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A-Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Please note, although this is a funded programme, withdrawal or non-completion will result in a charge of £100 to cover administration, registration and learning resources.
How will I be assessed?
- Interactive and easy to navigate resources
- Engaging videos and content, highlighting key knowledge and information
- Case studies to demonstrate how skills can be applied in practical situations
- An easy to use, integrated note-taking feature allowing you to jot down information as you work through the learning materials
- A series of activities to support and prepare you for your assessment.
Assessments are completed online throughout your course to evaluate your knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. They will be broken down into manageable tasks and once enrolled, you will receive an assessment schedule detailing deadlines so you can plan your studies.
Assessments can take many forms but typically they are short written answers to a series of questions or statements. Your personal tutor will support you with any questions you may have relating to the assessment content and process. Your personal tutor will aim to provide feedback on your submission within 7 days and be able to confirm if the submission has achieved the assessment criteria or provide support and guidance if additional work is required.
More information on Health & Social Care and Science
If you’re committed to helping others and want a career that really makes a difference, our health and social care and science courses are just what you’re looking for.Read More about 'Health & Social Care and Science'
Burton and South Derbyshire College
Tel: 01283 494400
Town Centre Campus
Burton Town Centre Campus, Lichfield Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3RL
Stephen Burke Construction Academy
Construction Academy, 21 Tetron Point, William Nadin Way, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE11 OBB