Understanding Environmental Sustainability | Level 2 | P14377
How to study
This course will provide an overview of the principles of sustainable development, communities and energy management, and the social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability. Learners will also look at the principles of waste management and sustainable transport and applying sustainability in their own setting through zero waste.
How does online learning work?
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Whether you’re looking to boost your professional development and career prospects or simply want to learn a skill in your spare time, an online course is a great way to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Distance Learning courses give you the flexibility to study in a way that suits your personal and professional commitments. You can work at your own pace within the course timeframe and study in the comfort of your own home!
How it works:
You can sign up to our courses throughout the year.
Step 1: Register or login to fill out our online enrolment form by clicking the Apply Now button.
Step 2: You will receive email confirmation and asked to send a copy of your ID, where relevant, within 48 hours.
Step 3: You will be sent your login details to start your online learning.
Step 4: Depending on your course, you’ll either be automatically marked or have on-hand support and marking from a dedicated tutor.
Step 5: Depending on your course, you will either have access to a certificate download to print off, receive an e-certificate of achievement from the awarding body or receive a certificate through the post.
Limited FREE spaces!
There are limited free spaces available for this course subject to the following requirements:
• Aged 19 years or over
• Live in England
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the 3 years prior to starting the course
• If aged 19-24 - must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (i.e., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A-Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Please note, although this is a funded programme, withdrawal or non-completion will result in a charge of £100 to cover administration, registration and learning resources.
To be eligible for a free place on this course, you must be aged 19 years or over
What modules will I study?
- Principles of sustainable communities
- Principles of sustainable development
- Principles of sustainable energy management
- Principles of sustainable transport
- Principles of waste management
- Social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability
How will I be assessed?
More information on Construction
We work alongside construction companies such as St. Modwen Homes to ensure you receive training that’s relevant to employers. Our construction courses are taught in the purpose-built, state of the art Construction Academy in Swadlincote.Read More about 'Construction'
Burton and South Derbyshire College
Tel: 01283 494400
Town Centre Campus
Burton Town Centre Campus, Lichfield Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3RL
Stephen Burke Construction Academy
Construction Academy, 21 Tetron Point, William Nadin Way, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE11 OBB