Our top priority is to keep our learners, your loved ones and our staff safe. All our staff have undertaken safety guidance on keeping the College a COVID-secure environment. Take a look at the following videos to see the safety measures we now have in place at the College.
Town Centre Campus
Stephen Burke Construction Academy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How will Lateral Flow Tests work?The College will be conducting lateral flow, asymptomatic COVID testing whilst you are onsite. These tests form a key part of our collective responsibility for keeping you and your families safe. Please be reassured, these tests are self-administered, simple and easy to use, with College staff on hand to walk and guide you through the process and to answer any questions you may have.
Having the test done is very simple - take a look at the following video: click here!
Your lateral flow tests will be scheduled in accordance with your onsite timetable and we kindly ask you to complete our simple online consent form prior to your first day back on campus so we are able to fast-track you through the testing process. Please note, Lateral Flow Tests are for people with no symptoms. If you feel unwell and suspect you may have Covid-19, please book a test via the national portal or by calling 119.
In the coming weeks, we will then be providing you with home self-administered testing kits, with further information and guidance being provided in due course.
- Asymptomatic testing information for parents and adults in households with children at school or college
Undertaking regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing helps reduce transmission of the virus. Parents and other adults in households with children at school or college, who do not have symptoms, can now access regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing. This includes childcare and support bubbles.
Tests are fast, easy and completely free. There are different ways for a household, childcare or support bubble to collect their test to take at home, twice-weekly:
- through your employer, if they offer testing to employees
- by collecting a home test kit from a local test site – anyone aged 18 or over can collect 2 packs of 7 tests
- by ordering a home test kit online – please do not order online if you can access testing through other routes, this frees up home delivery for those who need it most
If you have any queries about the tests, and you live in England, please call 119 (free from mobiles and landlines). Lines are open every day from 7am to 11pm.
Testing is voluntary, but strongly recommended to all who are eligible. Alongside the vaccine, washing hands, wearing face coverings, and maintaining social distancing, rapid testing plays a vital role in reducing transmission rates. Getting into the habit of regular testing as part of our everyday lives will help us all to play our part and do what we can to protect each other.
- Should I wear a face covering?
All learners (except those with medical exemptions) are currently required to wear face coverings within all college areas.
It is important that we all follow these rules to keep everyone safe. If you are exempt, we advise that you follow government guidelines and carry an exception card with you.
- How do the groups/bubbles work?
We are limiting student/staff interactions by splitting classes into distinct groups or ‘bubbles’. It is important that you keep to your assigned bubbles at all times while in college, including your breaks. Please note that the groups have been separated this way for your safety and we are unable to make changes to them.
- Will I continue to be based at college?
As long as Government guidelines allow, we will be providing some face to face learning activities following the above rules. If the guidelines change and do not allow face to face learning, alternative measures will be implemented so you can still continue your studies.
- What help and support will I receive?
Our team of progress coaches will be there to support you throughout your learning journey! Take a look at the following video to find out how.
- What other safety measures are in place?
Additional safety measures to enhance everyone’s safety while at college include:
- Learners should not leave the College during their breaks
- Learners should bring their own packed lunch to eat on-site or continue to use our catering outlets
- Learners should arrive at college immediately prior to their learning and leave once this is complete (with this journey being from and to home only)
- We’re here for you!
We're here to support you through every step of your learning journey. If you have any questions, please get in touch!
Call us: 01283 494400