At BSDC, we believe firmly that everyone should be able to learn to the best of their ability. As well as the practical support and resources to help you study, we’re here to assist every step of the way; committed to helping you fulfil your potential and participate fully in college life. So please don’t be concerned about sharing information about a disability or a learning difficulty with us; we treat all information in the strictest confidence.
What difficulties can we help with?
Our helpful team of Learning Support Assistants and specialist trainers are able to help with a range of difficulties, including:
• Dyslexia • Dyscalculia • Dysphasia • Sensory Loss • Mobility / Physical Needs • Medical Conditions • Learning Difficulties • Mental Health Difficulties • Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Support we can offer
We’ll start with an informal meeting to jointly plan and agree the level and type of Additional Learning Support available. We can offer support in a group classroom setting or on a more personal one-to-one basis. We also work with other organisations skilled in providing very specific support, such as sensory loss and high-level personal care. Our team of Learning Support Assistants provide:
• Note-taking • Support with English • Support with Maths • Support for Dyslexia • Support in a Classroom Setting • Access to Assistive Technologies • Adapted Materials • Examination Access Arrangement
- Loop system in the Lecture Theatre
- Ramped areas and lifts, providing wheelchair access to teaching and resource areas across the College
- Catering facilities on the ground floor
- Resources and materials produced in alternative formats and in Braille on request
Get in touch
We’re happy to chat through how we can help.
Call us: on 01283 494601
Visit us: in the Learner Hub