Our flexible grants allow you to shape the support you receive to meet your individual needs.
The following grants are available:
Learners travelling by public transport, car, moped or motorcycle will receive a maximum contribution of £390 in the Staffordshire area and £495 for any other area.
To be eligible to apply for our support grants, you must be:
- Living with parents or guardians with a household income of less than £16,190 per year or who are in receipt of one or more means tested benefits
- Aged 19 to 25 years with a current Education Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Living independently and in receipt of one or more of the following benefits in your own right, or are living with a partner or spouse who is in receipt of one or more of the following benefits, with an identified financial need:
- Income Support or Universal Credit
- Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 (for one
dependent) or £19,999 (for two or more dependents) as assessed by Her
Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (including Working Tax Credits)
- Working Tax Credit run-on which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for
Working Tax Credit
Don’t meet the eligibility criteria but still need help?
Don’t worry, if you have a genuine financial need but do not meet the eligibility criteria, you may still apply for support. You will be required to write and submit a short statement detailing your exceptional circumstances and provide any appropriate supporting evidence. Awards under exceptional circumstances are made on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Learner Services Team Leader, and do not set a precedent for other awards. Speak to a member of our Financial Support Team for further information.