If you are aged 16, 17 or 18 and not currently in full-time education with another provider, your course will be provided for free.
If you are aged 19 to 24 years and have EHCP (Education Health and Care Plan) with high cost Additional Learning Support needs, and agreed local authority funding, your course will be provided for free.
You may also receive your course for free* if you are studying on a funded course and meet one of the following criteria:
- If you are aged 19 years and over (excluding apprentices), looking to study GCSE English or Maths, and do not have grades A*- C in these subjects already.
- If you are aged 19 to 23 years at the start of your course, having previously only completed qualifications at or below Level 1, and you are intending to study a funded Entry Level or Level 1 qualification as a step up to a Level 2.
- If you are aged 19 to 23 years and looking to study a funded, full Level 2 qualification.
- If you are aged 19 to 23 years and looking to study a funded, full Level 3 qualification.
- If you are aged 19 years or over and looking to study a funded, full Level 2 which meets the skills need of the local labour market and in receipt of an eligible wider benefit.
* With the exception of those Part-Time courses that are not eligible for fee remission or discounts. These will be indicated with a (No Discount) symbol in the Part-Time course directory.
- A learner aged 19 and over, who has already achieved a Level 3 qualification and is wishing to study a Level 3 or higher course will have the option to either:
- Pay the full cost course fees themselves
- Have an employer/sponsor pay the full cost course fees for them
- Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help pay for the course fees