Keeping the young people and vulnerable adults studying here safe is something we take very seriously. We’ve got policies in place to ensure safer recruitment and to deal with any allegations.
It’s something we have clear guidelines on for our staff, covering:
- Lines of communication
- Language - verbal and written
- Physical contact
- Working alone with learners
- Behaviour and attitude
- Using sanctions
- Whistle blowing
What should I do if I’m concerned about a learner?
- Don’t promise confidentiality
- Tell a member of the Safeguarding Team immediately – just ask Reception who’ll locate someone
- Tell the learner what you’re doing and why
- Don’t investigate
- Make a record of any conversation
Guidelines for visitors: help us keep our learners safe
- Please make sure you wear your visitor/contractor lanyard at all time and keep to the boundaries of the purpose of your visit
- Please make sure you’re escorted by a staff member at all times
- Please be mindful of your own behaviours in relation to learners
- Please act promptly if you see or are approached by a learner in distress
Get in touch
The Safeguarding Team is happy to talk to learners, staff and visitors. Ask in the Learner Hub, talk to us directly or in an emergency, ask Reception to locate one of us.
John Beaty: 01283 494470
Katy Broomfield: 01283 494418