At Burton and South Derbyshire College, we recognise the importance of inclusive Careers Education for all learners. We are committed to providing an outstanding, impartial careers service, which promotes informed decisions and focuses on positive outcomes for all. The Careers Programme gives all learners the opportunity to access 1-1 careers guidance appointments with a Level 6 qualified careers adviser, which compliments employability and progression embedded within the curriculum programme of work.
The Careers programme promotes the Government Careers Strategy and embeds the Gatsby Benchmarks
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
We’re committed to providing inclusive careers education, tailored to the individual. Our impartial careers service is here to help you make informed decisions about your next steps in education, training or employment. Speak to us about your course choices, career aspirations, employment goals or university options - it’s a free and impartial service.