We have a reputation to be proud of
Our College is very highly thought of locally – we’re held in high regard by learners, parents and the business community.
We’re constantly growing
Things don’t stand still here. We enrol over 4,000 learners, including 450 on Higher Education courses. Our ever-developing range of services means we’ve grown continually for the past ten years. And our plans for the future are just as ambitious.
We invest in you
Learn something new each day here. We invest £350,000 each year in developing our team both within the college and through external courses. It’s a commitment we’re proud of.
We invest in facilities
We’ve invested more than £14m in facilities over the last six years, including a Design and Creative Industries Centre, Sports Centre, Automotive and Engineering Skills Academy and a University Centre. Find out more about our facilities.
We’ve got firm employer links
Training contracts with big name employers help us prepare students for the world of work. We play a leading role in the economic development of the area thanks to outstanding partnerships with leading global firms and the new National Football Centre. Find out more about our employer links.
We’re right at the heart of things
We’re easy to get to, right in the centre of town with fantastic public transport links and close to the A38, A50, M1 and M6. It’s a great place to live, close to castles and cathedrals, zoos and theme parks, and the glorious National Forest on our doorstep.
We’ve got great benefits
- Staff discounts at our Mulberry Restaurant and Bistro and Innovations Hair & Beauty Salon
- Microsoft Office 365 home use
- Excellent pension schemes for academic and support staff
- Generous holiday plans
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working policies
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Discounted rates for staff at our OFSTED Outstanding on-site nursery
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free eye test vouchers with discount on prescription glasses
- Staff social club – quizzes and events
We nurture our staff
- Staff development days
- Free distance learning qualifications available
- Learning fayres
- Graduate Scheme to support staff while gaining their teaching qualification
- Dedicated learning, teaching and assessment coaches offering bespoke teaching support
- Purpose-made teacher training area with latest interactive technology
We’re improving our opportunities
We have the Disability Confident Employer symbol, which demonstrates our commitment to improving employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
We’d love to hear from you