An Apprenticeship is a fantastic way to start your career. And there couldn’t be a more supportive place than BSDC to get started.
Whether you’re a school leaver just starting out or an adult looking for new skills and a change of career, there’s an Apprenticeship for you.
Get job skills and qualifications
We work with hundreds of employers to provide Apprenticeship and Adult Apprenticeship opportunities. It’s a great way to earn while you learn, both on the job and here at the College.
It usually takes 1-4 years, depending on the level, the industry and how fast you learn. They’re open to anyone over 16 and available at three levels: intermediate (level 2), advanced (level 3) and even some now at higher level (level 4).
You’ll learn in the workplace alongside studying for a qualification at College, usually one day a week. You may also learn skills in Maths, English and ICT, depending on the industry.
What will an Apprenticeship give you?
- A firm commitment from an employer to employ and support you
- A nationally recognised qualification including an NVQ
- The knowledge and experience to take the first steps on the ladder to a successful career
- High-quality skills that are recognised across industry
- Enhanced technical skills through work-related training
- Improved business awareness