Not sure if you can afford to study? At BSDC, we’re doing all we can to make learning accessible to everyone. That might be helping out with the costs of uniform, kit, or an enrichment trip. It might be help with travelling to university interviews or auditions. It might even be helping you top up your gas key or electricity card if you find yourself in financial trouble.
What help is available?
Here are some of the things we may be able to help you financially with. The great news is that you won’t have to pay the money back!
- Kit, uniform, specialised equipment, text books, trips, visits, art and design materials and university interviews
- Meals while you’re at College.
- Travel to and from College if you live more than three walking miles from the campus – including concessionary bus passes for full time learners.
- Tuition and examination fees if you’re 19 or over and self-funding your studies and enrolling on a funded or co-funded course.
- Dealing with an unexpected financial crisis
- Help with the costs of coming to College plus a contribution towards your everyday living costs, if you’re 16, 17 or 18 and “in care”, a “care leaver” or living independently, claiming means tested benefits.
Learner Fees Policy
To download the College's Learner Fees Policy, please go to our Student Policies section.
Get in touch
Call us: 01283 494757 or 01283 494472
Visit us: Chat to the Financial Support Team in the Learner Hub.
Just drop-in, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.