Knife Crime Awareness | N/A | P13033
How to study
Days & Times
Flexible on demand
The Knife Crime Awareness is ideal for those who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Knife Crime Awareness. It’s also valuable for anyone who is planning a career that requires an understanding of Knife Crime Awareness and is looking to gain a qualification in this. The programme is suitable for those who desire to form a foundation due to little or no previous experience of Knife Crime Awareness.
How does online learning work?
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Whether you’re looking to boost your professional development and career prospects or simply want to learn a skill in your spare time, an online course is a great way to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Distance Learning courses give you the flexibility to study in a way that suits your personal and professional commitments. You can work at your own pace within the course timeframe and study in the comfort of your own home!
How it works:
You can sign up to our courses throughout the year.
Step 1: Register or login to fill out our online enrolment form by clicking the Apply Now button.
Step 2: You will receive email confirmation and asked to send a copy of your ID, where relevant, within 48 hours.
Step 3: You will be sent your login details to start your online learning.
Step 4: Depending on your course, you’ll either be automatically marked or have on-hand support and marking from a dedicated tutor.
Step 5: Depending on your course, you will either have access to a certificate download to print off, receive an e-certificate of achievement from the awarding body or receive a certificate through the post.
Fees and Costs
Educational entitlements or fee concessions are solely based on the individual programme and nationally set eligibility criteria. To see if you qualify for fee concessions then please visit the 'what will I pay' section of our website. You may be surprised what you are entitled to!
- Course Fees Examination & Registrations
- 16-18 School Leaver info n/a Course fee n/aExam & Registration fee
- 19-23 Educational Entitlement info £28.00Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- 19+ Part Funded info £28.00 Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- 19+ Fully Funded info £28.00Course fee Included Exam & Registration fee
- 24+ Fully Funded info £28.00Course fee Included Exam & Registration fee
- Full Cost info £28.00Course fee IncludedExam & Registration fee
- Payment in Full (Credit Card / Debit Cards / Cash) accepted
- Employer Sponsored accepted
- Direct Debit Instalments accepted
- Advanced Learning Loan accepted
- Student Finance English Loan (HE) not accepted
For International Learners
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 01283 494757 or 01283 494472
Visit us: Chat to the Financial Support Team in the Learner Hub
Just drop-in, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Further Education Programme Only: The College reserves the right to change or amend, at any time, any of the course details including but not limited to; content, dates, times, venues, tutor, fees payable, concessions available, terms or conditions.
What modules will I study?
- Skill Cast – (the video includes an interview with Byron Highton the founder of The JJ Effect – a leading anti-knife crime presentation
- The Facts – understand what ‘knife crime’ is
- The How – understand how to support individuals when knife crime takes place
- The Why – understand why awareness if knife crime is important
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
It is important to remember that the CPD (Continued Professional Development) courses are not a qualification, it is simply a practice for undertaking bite size pieces of learning to build skills, knowledge, information, and behaviours. The learning can start at a “beginner level,” this means that anyone at any age can start undertaking CPD activities regularly.
More information on Public Services
Working in the public services is a highly rewarding career choice. On our courses, you will learn about and develop the skills and qualities needed to be an effective member of the services. As part of your study programme, you will complete a number of practical units, which will challenge and develop your fitness and outdoor activity skills.Read More about 'Public Services'
Burton and South Derbyshire College
Tel: 01283 494400
Town Centre Campus
Burton Town Centre Campus, Lichfield Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3RL
Stephen Burke Construction Academy
Construction Academy, 21 Tetron Point, William Nadin Way, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE11 OBB